Melbourne City and Melbourne Victory’s A-League match has been call off after a fan hurt a player during a pitch invasion.

After supporters came onto the field in the 22nd minute and flares were also thrown, City goalkeeper Tom Glover was struck in the face by a metal bucket.

According to his club, the 24-year-old “likely has a concussion” and sustained a facial cut.

 Australian Professional Leagues says, referee Alex King also suffered injuries.

According to the APL, King “found himself swarmed by fans,” but the organization in charge did not specify what kind of injury he sustained.

Based on player safety, the game was originally suspend and subsequently abandoned.

After the APL announce its choice to sell Sydney the rights to host the A-League Grand Final for the following three years, demonstrations by fans were anticipate at the game.

At the 20-minute mark, supporters of Victory and City prepare to leave the stadium, but the protest grew after flares were thrown onto the playing surface by both sets of supporters.

According to Melbourne newspaper The Age, Glover appeared to toss a flare back at the fans at AAMI Park when City was up 1-0.

When many spectators rush onto the field, Glover was hit by a flare disposal bucket, covering him and the referee in powder and smoke.

Melbourne City-Melbourne Victory game abandoned after spectator injures the player

The players were immediately escort off the field, including former Portugal and Manchester United winger Nani. Football Australia said the game was call off “to protect the contest’s integrity.”

After the “shocking scenes,” “severe consequences” would be apply, according to a statement from Football Australia.

Such conduct has no place in Australian sport, and Football Australia will launch a thorough investigation immediately, it continued.

According to a statement from the APL, the Australian Professional League is coordinating with Football Australia on the implications of occurrences.

While the incident has received harsh criticism on social media, Melbourne City indicated they would “make a further remark in due course.”

Ben Garuccio, a left-back for Western United, commented that the Melbourne Victory supporters’ actions were “absolutely disgraceful.”

That is not what this country’s football deserves, and I hope the person who threw the bucket is never allow to watch another A-League game.

A walk-out protest was also carry out by Newcastle Jets fans 20 minutes into Friday’s home game against Brisbane Roar.

Sydney FC supporters skipped the game in Gosford entirely, while Central Coast Mariners supporters did the same during their team’s match against Sydney FC on Saturday.

By admin

Hi, I'm Admin, the dedicated administrator and curator of this website. My goal is to ensure that you have access to high-quality, reliable, and informative content. While I may not be the face of the articles, I'm here behind the scenes, working tirelessly to bring you the best insights and knowledge.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *